Directions & Parking
By public transport
Monday to Friday: From U-/S-Bhf Pankow take Bus 250 in the direction of Niederschönhausen, Buchholzer Str. to the Hermann-Hesse-Str./Waldstrasse stop, then Bus 107 in the direction of Schildow/S-Bhf Hermsdorf to the Botanische Anlage stop.
Saturday and Sunday: From U-/S-Bhf Pankow with the M1 tram in the direction of Nordend/Schillerstrasse to the Heinrich-Böll-Strasse stop, then Bus 107 in the direction of Arkenberge to the Botanische Anlage stop.
The public transport routes shown above can change at short notice so are subject to change and without liability. Please consult the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe transport company’s current timetable information.
Information for car drivers
The park’s main entrance is at Blankenfelder Chaussee 5 in 13159 Berlin-Pankow.
Cars can be parked along Blankenfelder Chaussee (B96a).
The Botanical Volkspark of Blankenfelde-Pankow is open to visitors daily from sunrise to sunset.
The greenhouses are open to the public on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 am to 2 pm and during the opening hours of Café mint* Friday, Saturday, Sunday and on public holidays from 11 am to 5 pm.
Both are closed on Mondays.
Ticket machines at the entrances, not including special events.
|admission is free|
Annual pass - Buy online
|Includes admission to the Britzer Garten, Gärten der Welt, Natur-Park Schöneberger Südgelände and Botanischer Volkspark Blankenfelde-Pankow.|
|People with disabilities
The greenhouses and many areas of the park are largely accessible to visitors with mobility issues.
Please note however, that some paths in the park are not suitable for mobility scooters and wheelchairs longer than 1 metre due to safety reasons.
Rules for visitors
Mutual consideration for all visitors and respect for plants and animals is one of the prerequisites for a pleasant visit to the park. Please note the information and rules listed below, which all visitors to the park are required to comply with.
1. Opening hours: The park is open to visitors with an annual pass or day ticket until nightfall, or longer when special events are being held. Opening hours, varying according to the season, are posted at the entrances and published on the Internet.
2. Admission tickets can be bought from the ticket machines. Visitors must keep them until they leave the park and show them on request. Visitors found without a valid ticket will be charged triple the price of a day ticket.
3. The Botanical Volkspark of Blankenfelde-Pankow operates subject to the provisions of the currently valid Berlin Nature and Landscape Conservation Act (“Gesetz über Naturschutz und Landschaftspflege von Berlin”) and Parks Act (“Grünanlagengesetz”). GRÜN BERLIN GmbH, operator of the Botanical Volkspark of Blankenfelde-Pankow, excludes any further liability. Visitors enter the park at their own risk. The operator is also not obliged to provide lighting and remove snow and ice. Visitors will be held liable for any damage they cause.
4. Dogs and other animals must be on a leash. Dog excrement must be disposed of in the rubbish bins provided.
5. Vehicles and mopeds may not be brought into the park.
6. Bicycles, skateboards, kickboards, rollerskates, scooters, training bikes, inline skates etc. may only be used only on paved paths and squares and may be prohibited on busy weekends and public holidays for safety reasons. Pedestrians have right of way.
7. Conducting business or trade of any kind and the holding of events and gatherings without a permit is forbidden. Prior authorisation from Grün Berlin GmbH Photo is required for film or video recordings made for commercial purposes.
8. Barbecues, including those using gas cartridges, and open fire of any kind is not permitted.
9. Please dispose of rubbish, paper and cigarette butts in the rubbish bins provided.
10. Swimming in the pond and canals is not permitted for safety reasons. To protect delicate bank vegetation and ground-nesting birds please avoid walking on their banks. Walking on the ice in winter is prohibited.
11. The feeding of fish and birds is not allowed. The fallow deer in the wildlife reserve may only be fed with food from the animal feed machines.
12. Visitors can walk, sit, lie and play on short-mown lawns. Access to meadows covered in long grass that are not mowed and agricultural areas and resting and playing near delicate forests, shrubberies and flower plantings is however not permitted. The removal of flowers or plants or parts thereof is not permitted.
13. Ballgames are prohibited on busy weekends.
14. Firearms, knives and other weapons and dangerous objects may not be brought into the park.
15. The instructions of park staff must be complied with. Offences will be sanctioned.
We hope your visit to the Botanical Volkspark is a pleasant and relaxing one.